Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 Paper Feed Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixace

Programmer
Jul 6, 2002
US
I have a Xerox 860 that recently experienced a paper jam. The paper was "removed" by someone following my usual instructions but a large torn corner was missing when I was informed. I used my usual technique of running card stock through the paper feed path and although I never saw the torn corner the paper path seems to be clear and I do not have a jam indication.

Now any paper fed through trays or manual feed jams about halfway through the paper feed process. I have removed the printers covers and looked for any sign of torn paper, etc. Nothing to be seen. Could I have a paper feed roller problem? Or could the torn paper have fallen somewhere I am not used to seeing it and interfering with a roller?

Any help appreciated. I am an independent consultant, the printer is our in-house workhorse and an expensive service call by Xerox is not in the budget at this time. :)

Probably a faulty sensor in the paper prehaeter.
It is likely thad the sensor ho detects the papersize (a4 or letter) is not in his socket. Meaning, the sensor is not defective but when you removed (or sombody else) the paper is can be thad the flag is not enymore on the correct position. How to check, Remove covers and front door, Then you see a blanking panel or heat shield. Remove this and below this is the upper feed assy whit the sensors on it. greetz dany

Dany,

Thanks for the suggestion. The corner of the paper had compacted down so that card stock would pass through the paper feed path but it was still under the main roller and inhibited paper from rolling through freely. After getting enough parts out of the way I was able to see the paper and remove it.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back