Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 860 - How to remove right cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSBear

Instructor
Sep 9, 2011
US
Feels like a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to remove the covers on my Xerox Phaser 860. I have the Service Manual, and it just says "remove right cover" as if it is "intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer". I guess I'm not as smart as I would like to think.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Remove two (2) torx T15 screws, then carefully disengage plastic tabs and lift cover away.

One screw is located on the back of the printer. As you face the rear of the printer, the screw is toward the upper left corner, the only screw in this area. Remove this screw.

To find the second screw, open the maintenance drawer cover. As you face the front of the printer, look toward the right interior face of the printer's metal frame. The screw is in the upper right corner of the interior surface of the metal frame, distinguished by a toothed washer. Remove this screw.

To disengage plastic tabs, first open top paper path cover: the cover with the "Tektronix by Xerox" logo.

With your fingertips, carefully flex the newly exposed edge of the right cover upwards. This disengages a small vertical tab which has held the cover against the metal frame. A larger, horizontal tab remains engaged beneath the control panel.

When the small vertical tab disengages, carefully move the top of the right cover away from the printer, while the bottom of the right cover remains engaged. If your are careful, the horizontal tab will slide from beneath the control panel.

To disengage the bottom tabs, after the horizontal tab clears from beneath the control panel, lift the right cover up and away from the printer.

Extreme movements may break the plastic tabs. Be careful, but not overly cautious. After all, you must disengage the tabs. The tabs, especially the upper tabs may not be essential. I have never broken tabs. I try to be careful.

Good luck. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back