Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850DP Error Code Explanation Please - 31,003.42:43193

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweekme

Technical User
Apr 21, 2004
US
On my 850DP, getting the following error code after removing a paper jam then rebooting:

31,003.42:43193

Any ideas anyone? Anyone have a service manual that can look this one up?

Thank you,
Scott K.

Hello Scott,

Here is the entry from the manual:

31,003.4x
MP_FAULT_PREHEAT_
EXIT_SENSOR_BAD
Declared at boot time when a check is made to determine
the condition of the preheat exit sensor. Declared when
the sensors around the preheat exit sensor indicate the
presence or absence of media contrary to that indicated
by the preheat exit sensor.

So looks as though you have left a bit of paper behind when you cleared the jam. Regards, James

I have seen the exit sensor stick in the up position after clearing a jam which will give you this error. The sensor is located on the left side behind the drum / preheater assyright under the transfix roller. Hope this helps.

Thank you James and Marty for your replies...

I have looked high and low for paper debris. I removed the jam myself, and no paper was torn.

Marty, Where is the transfix roller? Are there any photo's of it's location? I have a feeling the sensor is stuck in the up position as you have indicated. By left side, do you mean under the left cover of the printer?

Thank you,
Scott K.

Marty and James,

I removed the LCD assambly, and on the left side under some metal is a motor. Just behind that is a black sensor. This was my issue! The sensor had come loose off it's bracket due to a plastic tab that had broken off. I wedged a small piece of stiff foam between the sensor and the motor to hold it in place. Re-assembled, fired it up and it is RUNNING!

Thank you for pointing me to the left area Marty!

Scott K.

A Very Happy 850DP owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back