Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1426

Technical User
Feb 17, 2002
US
It has been judged that I have to replace my print head. I am wondering by my replacing the print head will it solve two other problems? Fist, the Magenta Ink stick was not melting at all. By replacing the print head will it permit the Magenta ink stick to melt? Second, I have had excess ink melt all around the removable tray that sits in the maintenance drawer and overflows the maintenance tray when it is not nearly full and onto the rear of the printer behind where the maintenance drawer sits. It was quite a mess to clean up.

Any advise here?

If the actual inkstick is not melting it may be that the heater in the ink loader tray - not the printhead - is bad. If the inkstick is being melted then dripping into the printhead reservoir, but the ink in the reservoir is not melting, then replacing the printhead should correct this (this would also account for ink spilling into your printer).

The ink vendor(Media Sciences)shipped me a new printer head and also paid for a technician to uninstall the old print head and install the new print head.

They were delightful to work with. I did not have to twist their arm or get upset. They are truely a class act.

The printer is now working fine with a perfect diagnostic print report.

And how did they determin that it was their ink stinks?? i beleive i have the same issue here??

Originally, I had purchased my ink from Tally Printers. They OEM the ink from Media Sciences. Since I had a long track record of purchasing ink from them I called to tell them what happened. I went throught two layers of techies at Tally before they referred me to Media Sciences. As I said all the calls were as they say short and sweet. Once it was determined through printing the diagnostics that showed that I was missing Magenta entirely and the other colors were messed up they offered to replace my print head. I gladly accepted and they shipped me a new print head and then had a techie install it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back