Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 tray A will not come out and paper jams

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbradley67

Technical User
Feb 25, 2004
US
I have a phaser 850 that has a tray a that will not come out. I have shutdown the printer several times and removed the side of the printer to see what is stopping the tray from comming out. I have tried moving the drive belt on the right hand side that moves the pins. It still will not come out. Also, the printer is jamming at the exit. That paper is jamming on the drum. I have to take out the blue guide in order to remove the jammed paper and then have to run a clean page which jams in the same place. The paper is also crooked sometimes at the exit.

Thanks

Paul

If you remove the right side cover and rotate the clutch located near the top that moves the cap assy up and down all the way to the down position the mait drawer should come out. Doing that will unlock it. Based on what you are describing 2 things could be happening. first the transfix solenoid may be sticking up and will cause jams under the rapid release blade. The other is the lift pins on the side of the maint drawer are worn and the roller is not oiling the drum and the paper is sticking to the drum causing the jam. If that is the case then you need to replace the drawer, p/n 436035901 and I suggest replacing teh maint clutch at teh same time, p/n 650428800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back