Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 Fault Code 05.001.41:69582

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkms

Technical User
Apr 18, 2005
CA
Our phaser 850 came up with this fault code after a recent power outage.... although we had a UPS running, the outage was too long. I have tried shutting the printer down a couple of times with no luck.

Does anyone know what this fault code means?
Report Fault 05.001.41:69582

Thanks.

This relates to the rotation of the imaging drum in the printer. If the machine hasn't been serviced in a while or is being used in a high dust environment, remove the left cover (facing the printer), then pry off the clear plastic cover over the Y axis encoder disk (the assembly looks like a sideways lunar lander). Blow some compressed air in there to clean off the sensor (although be careful not to scratch the disk). If that doesn't do the trick, check the drum home sensor flag, which is located on the chassis side of the right I/O board (remove the right cover -- it's located at the bottom front). Visually inspect it to make sure that the flag is moving correctly through the sensor. If everything's physically okay there, I'd say it needs a right I/O board.

iFixPrinters

Thank you ifixprinters!!

Your instructions were excellent and yes, there was considerable dust on both sides. I gave things a thorough cleaning and the printer fired up just fine. You just saved us the possibility of an expensive repair or of even tossing out the machine!

Thanks again!!

Hi again..... well same printer different error code now, haha. This time i am repeatedly getting error code 05.001.41:75417

I have tried doing a thorough check for jammed parts, dust, etc on both sides.

Any ideas about this error code?

Just to update..... i see now where i have the same code and the last part is copy count. So at least i know of the problem.

Since you have already cleaned the Y-axis encoder.

First check to see if the drum is actually rotating.

Second check the belt tension on the y axis asm ( brown triangular looking piece with 2 belts comming from it). DO NOT loosen the screws toward the outside but loosen the 3 screws on the inside. The spring should pull it to the needed tension. Then retighten the 3 screws. If that doesnt work then the most common cause would be the Y-axis encoder "the assembly looks like a sideways lunar lander", as iFixPrinters would put it.

The right IO board has nothing to do with the drum home position sensor, this sensor is part of the Y-axis encoder.

The left IO board could be bad as well but Ive never had one go bad (there is always a first time for everything though).

Pt # for the Y axis encoder is 650-4144-01

Check the disk position of the drum encoder. If it is not properly centered in the sensor and it rubs on either side of the sensor it can generate the error you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back