Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 Drum Temp Sensor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drosen123

Technical User
Oct 8, 2008
Can anyone please tell me how to get to this sensor, step-by-step? I see it in the manual but I can't tell where it is on the printer.

After replacing the lamps, both are working and the drum DOES get hot on both ends but I still get the dreaded 13.004.43 error.

My last chance before giving up is to check the sensor AND is there something special to do with the "flags" on the heater unit? They didn't fall off, but I didn't see that any special alignment or connection for them was required when I reinstalled the heater assembly.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

The 13,004.43 error is not a drum heater problem. The print head heater has went out... This heater is internal of the print head....

And I guess the fact that the print head chambers do not show much evidence of ink having melted into them confirms a bad head?
I was surprised to see that there was not more remnants of ink, the chambers are pretty clean except for a few small spatters or blobs.

That error is "The left jet stack jeater is nit heating at all, or is heating too slowly. Ensure the printer is not located next to an air-conditioning duct. Check that the printhead-to-drum gap is not too close (the drum can act as a heat sink) Inspect the printer wiring. Replace the printhead."

I would open the printer (access to the printhead is from the top through under the ink tray) and disconnect and reconnect the main square connector that has the yellow sheathing, this is where the ink well heaters get their power.
While you are in there do the same to the gray ribbon cable. Jet stack thermistor data emerges here. Use the levers on either side to disengage the cable then re-seat.

I am having trouble with the left thermistor. So I feel your pain.

Good luck,
Joe.

There is a good possibility that the encoder inside the drum has become dirty. If it does not sense temps, it can give you a jetstack error. It does not kick in until the drum temp is right. You can pull it out,just enough to take off the clear plastic cover, and clean with a swab.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Michael,

There is a sensor actually inside the drum?

I know of the "Drum Temperature sensor assembly" that sits on the top/left of the drum. But that one is on the outside.

Where exactly is the sensor you are referring to and how do you access it?

Is it listed in the repair manual Table 8-8 Sensor and flag FRUs?

Thanks,
Joe.

I think you are talking about the Drum position sensor.
This is the black assembly on the left side of the printer which attaches to the drum hub, has a sensor that reads the Drum position encoder wheel and is behind the clear plastic window.

Is this it?

Thanks,
Joe.

Yep! The encoder gets dirty. You might not see it, but there is a film that you can wipe off with a swab.
Do not use anything on the swab.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Hey drosen,
did you get a chance to clean the encoder sensor?
Is your problem solved?

Just Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back