Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 850 - Blue ink prints with streak or not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicianOne

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
US
I am having an ink problem with an 850. All the ink reservoirs are full. The color that is not printing fully is blue. When I print out a blue page, I get mostly a red page with a streak of blue. I cleaned the sensor on the top silver roller and checked for any chunks of ink on the inkloader sensor. All checked out fine. I even ran all tests on the LCD screen.

I also tried printing out 50 blue pages with no luck ( it just kept on printing a red page with a blue streak).

Does this sound like I need to replace the printer heads?

Any help or tips would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance
Joe

do you even bother to check the xerox website?

you should run a "eliminate light stripe cycle" if that doesn't work leave the prinet switched off overnight when the printer powers back on it will do a powerful cleaning cycle after that if the problem persist you cuold try to do another cleaning cycle and if that is not enought you rather buy a new printer the repair costs are far superior than getting a brand new 8400

Do you bother to read what I wrote? I did all available tests. And I do check the Xerox site.

This is the whole reason to have forums, so that people can help people.

:)

PS
I already did the tests you said to do.

mate
do what you like if you wanna buy a new printhead go ahead
but IMHO is not worth the effort

I decided to take the printer to the top of a skyscrapper and see if it will fly. lol

My question is , are you using a 3rd party ink? If so this may be the root of your problem as I have seen many a printhead rendered useless by these inks, though less costly they lack the quality control and testing not to mention formulations can not be duplicated due to patent laws. If this is the case some ink manufacturers will warrant their ink against such a thing and will replace the head at no cost to you. With that said I am unsure of the hoops you need to jump through to make that happen. If the ink is Tek/Xerox the none thing to look at is possibly a bad cap/wipe /purge assy which is used to clean the head.

If it is printing red are you sure you did not put the Magenta stix in the Cyan slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back