Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8400 cleaning page shaving off ink into printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchu

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
US
I've have a phaser 8400 that shaves the ink off of the drum inside the printer every time a cleaning cycle is performed. What would cause such a problem. It only happens on the cleaning cycle.

If your maintenence roller is dry/expired, ink will stick to the drum. It should not. The roller provides oil to keep the drum clean.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Question about xerox Phaser 8400. At First al papersheeds come out of the stripper and become doublefoulded stuck underneat the output bar against the drum which blocks the machine. No error message. At checking the machine hardware test it says Moving TF axis to home test fault.

I have checked the machine error history and last meansioned error is D3t: 35682.

Suddenly my machine did become a new fault: it stops now immiteately with fault 37.004.40 on display which says there should be some problem with the ink reservoir temperature. With disassambling the machine I have now found some inkt drpped on the printed circuit underneat the inktheads...

Is this a problem. Can I leave in moistered on the printed circuit board with components??
Trying to disassamble the inkthead I can not get it out of the machine. Is it nessesery to disassable the motor on one site which is connected mechanicly to the inkthead???

Thanks for your information. I like to buy some more of these machines. If the work they work fantastic!

If there is ink spilt up and out of the well in the p-head, chances are it's a goner. It clogs the pressure chambers.
Check the left side of the drum where the sensor is by sliding a piece of heavy paper under it. The maintenence roller may be dried out,and not oiling the drum well enough.
The lift plate for it may be cracked, if white, replace. Check the cams that operate it by removing the process drive. I hope you have a service manual, and can effect repairs.

OK. thanks for your last message.
I have disassambled the printhead and cleaned all ink parts from it, mounted it back into the machine, done all mechanicly homesettings and adjustments and switched the machine to the mains. After the Xerox sign the same error message 37.004.40 which says oil reservoir on printhead not ok. I have checked the power connector for the heating voltage, and one heater gives 4 volt AC and the other nothing. Looks to me the Power supply board is faulty. Perhaps thermal safety or some...
I did take the complete electronics module out of the machine but have no idea how to check that secundairy printed circuit in the box. Perhaps I have to dismantle the complete thing...if possible. Does anyone have an Idea what to do. Are there schematic diagrams from the PSU and electronics board???
frimu

37 errors are all relevant to the heaters.
Run the Reservoir Heaters Test in Diagnostic menu.
In the Service Tools menu, press the up arrow and then down arrow for the hidden menu. Got to heaters test.
Check the LED's on the power module, The PE and PS led's should flash regularly. the 3.3v led is seen through the holes of the module on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back