Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phaser 840 jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtymabel1

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
this printer is driving me nuts...problem is herratic...printer will jam at exit, paper comes out about 1/2 way then it jams and suck the page back in about 1/4 leaving about 1/4 of the page out side. paper has cleared the transfix assy. any ideas.

thanks

when my 840 did that, I cleaned the rollers under the top cover with rubbing alcohol, and used higher quality paper.
I havent had that problem since then.
Hope it helps

jtymabel1 (TechnicalUser) Jun 19, 2003
this printer is driving me nuts...problem is herratic...printer will jam at exit, paper comes out about 1/2 way then it jams and suck the page back in about 1/4 leaving about 1/4 of the page out side. paper has cleared the transfix assy. any ideas.

jtymabel1

I had the same problem - It was due to a sticky paper sensor on the upper feed assy. There was sticky residue from the fumes of the solid ink holding the switch up after the paper passed through. - You will have to remove the duplex paper guide to do this. - Clean with the switch assy. with 90% isopropyl alcohol and Q-tip.

Hope this helps

Solarflare

Replace the transfix clutch, location, remove right cover just above the drum fan you find a white plastic rol. This rol is commanded by a latch. This latch assy is called transfix clutch. Greetz Dany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back