Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840 Counter reset tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcro

Technical User
Jan 5, 2007
US
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Phaser 840 Maintenance counter reset tool?? I have several maintenance kits that the counters are bad and the rollers are new. Thanks, Jack

There was a press release mentioned on tomshardware a long time ago that spoke of such a tool, but I searched and never found it or even anyone that offers the service.

Here is the link.

As far as I can figure, the prints will tell you when the oil in the roller is actually depleted. They will probably begin to come out weird looking with ghost images of prints that came before, due to the drum not being oiled evenly, or enough, to release the previous image.

I doubt you could damage the printer or printhead as the roller and the printhead do not actually touch. Though I suppose you could continue to send it print jobs until the ink cakes up on the roller and gets on everything, just to see what happens :) But then who's fault would that be?

I have been holding on to several counters myself hoping for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back