Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 840 - convert to B&W printer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicp

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
SE
I haven't printed color very often with this printer. Since it is turned on 24 hours a day, probably the color-cooking has lead to badly distorted colors.

As the colors hardly are colors any more, and since total color cost, including cleaning, is horrible for this printer I will probably buy a small laser color printer soon.
One thing this printer could be used for, though, is only-BW printing. Only, the printer won't work at all if color sticks are not loaded.
My horrible question is this: If I manage to load all 4 slots with black sticks (yes, BLACK), could I continue using the printer as a pure B&W printer? Or do I ruin the printer all together? I don't care if the printer won't be able to recover to color after this, since I have the feeling this printer won't live very long anyway. But if it will print black and grey scales after this surgery, I would be satisfied. Could it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back