Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 - Xerox across screen and wont go away?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacardi412

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
I have a Xerox Phaser 8200 that boots up and displays the Xerox logo across the screen. It does not go away. No noise or anything is made from the printer itself. It basically does a post and freezes at the logo. Is this a main board problem or something else?

I was reading another post on a 850 where someone had a similiar issue and Marty answered with setting dip switch and try to run diags. Well, when I did this, all it wouold do was blink with the logo.....still confused!!

Well doing that should have put it into diags. There are a number of things that could cause the problem you describe. From bad memory on the main board to the main board itself and even have had the printhead cause this problem. I would start by disconnecting ribbon cable along the IC2 bus one at a time to try an isolate, then disconnect any motors and see if that helps give you a clue. Its a difficult problem to isolate without having parts to just swap in and out.

Yeah, thanks Marty for answering. Unfortunately we do no have any parts to just swap out, and the cost of all these parts would be tremendous. Its really sad that someone can buy a 2500$ machine and in a year and a half have this major of a problem where the price of parts and labor equal half the cost of the machine. Its almost getting to a point where these expensive machines are getting to be disposable, a very expensive dispose is not easily swallowed. Thanks again Marty for your response!!!

I have the same problem with the 8200 I am working with. Did anyone figure out what needs to be replaced? I cant see fault codes cause the display only shows the Xerox logo. And this was displayed even setting the dip switch and trying to run diags.

The power supply is the most common fix on the 8200. (seems to be one of the weekest links on them) If it doesnt have the updated dm clutch replace it too.

Yes, I found out that there is a green light on the left and right of the dip switch. the one on the left says PS and the one on the right says PE. If no light starts up on the PS then the power supply needs to be replaced. If the PE light does not blink at start up than the main board needs to be replaced (the PE should have 1 fast blink then 5 slow blinks at start up). In my case the power supply needed to be replaced.

This will diffently help others.

City of Villians
Dark Pain
SG ZERG-SCOURGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back