Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 Too much oil on drum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco70

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
I have a phaser 8200 that i just changed the maint. kit in. Worked just fine before i switched it and now I have a lot of oil on my prints. I tried to print a lot and it seemed to go away but the next day it came back again. Any one that has an asnwer or idea ?
Thanks

Marco

You must have the new style maintance kit. There have been a few problems with the new style kit. Try and run about 50 blank prints to clean up the oil and then you might have to run the light stripes cleaning to get the printhead clean.

The new rollers are web wrapped oil rollers and have a flap much like an envelope. These rollers are from a different manufacturer and believed to be over pressurized with oil. The excess oil can show on your pages as you mention and can also splatter on the faceplate of the printhead, this will cause massive light stripes and no amount of cleanings will recover. If this situation occurs contact Xerox and have them send a replacement which will be the older style foam rollers. You may need to run a number of cleaning cycles but the head should recover.

Thanks XeroxTech and Marty5261

Xerox sent me a new roller, still the "new" version but it did take care of it.
Just wanted you guys and girls know.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back