Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 8200 error 07.005.47 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neald

Technical User
Aug 29, 2007
US
I have a phaser 8200 with message 07.005.47. After searching I see that it might be a bad dm clutch. I am not familiar with this printer. Anything else I should check for? Would it be possible for someone to email me a service manual, and also where can I get parts?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I found a service manual, now if anyone might happen to have a dm clutch for sale? Also any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy. I am a Xerox ASP, and I am the only technician within 50 miles apparantly. Most Xerox places just sell, and will "repair" by sending it out. It is probable that the the drum maintenence clutch is ok. the maintenence drawer guides may be broken. This error came up with a paper jam? If so, look on the right side above the fan, at the top, and behind the I/O board. This solonoid may be sticking. Use tape on the flapper. Do service tests to run all motors and clutches. With the covers off, you can see what is going on.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Also check the maint. drawer lift arms, if they are notched you will get this error.

The 7,005.47 Error is result of malfunctioning Maintenance System. The possible cases are outlined below.

1. Worn Maintenance tray. Look at your pins poking out of maintenance tray. They should be round like this ' 0 '. If bottom is worn and flat then you need a new tray. I am guessing your unit has about 125,000 or so prints on it. The tray usually is not usable every 100,000 to 150,000 prints.

2. Worn out Maintenance clutch. Basically this is a worn out motor on left side that moves the maintenance roller up and down.
Please note: Using a worn tray puts extra strain on maintenance clutch. Chances are you will need a new one if the tray is worn.

Please try the above and let us know if successful.

You can bid on a clutch kit on ebay if your lucky and someone lists one. Forget Xerox! You can get that printer repaired On-Site for $159 flat rate including parts and labor anywhere in continental USA . Xerox will probably charge you more than that for the clutch.

Good luck to you!

Any other questions send to printer_repair@itezen.com
------------------------------------------------
Printer Repair
printer_repair@itezen.com

The maintenance tray is not moving up and down correctly.
Most likley what is called the DM clutch on the lower left side of the machine is needing replaced.
The tray drawyer may be worn on the ends, but normally that code is caised by the clutch being bad.

I repaired machine by disassembling the DM clutch and cleaning it. Machine has run since August no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back