Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 780 Jam A B feedrollers replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwilco2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2004
US
Help,

My phaser 780 cannot feed paper at all from either the lower paper tray or the multipurpose tray. I took into service center, and they said i needed rollers for both trays and seperator pads for the mpt. The printer only has 20k prints on it. How long could the rollers last. Is is worth paying $$$ to fix a 780. I print out artwork photos.

Adrian

You need to understand that if you call Xerox for service on any printer and tell them its jamming their first response is "replace the rollers". Though this is not always entirely wrong, the people answering the support line do not have alot of experience repairing the units, just reading off a script based on the symptoms you tell them. My question is where does teh paper stop when it tries to feed? Does it even get out of teh trays and into the printer? Is the paper damaged or skewing as it pulls in? Have you tried cleaning the rollers? Xerox will tell you to used water on a clean cloth, I use alocohol to completely remove paper dust and other oils that may have accumulated on them. The Feed rollers in the lower trays are easily replaced, they are just pushed onto teh shaft where they snap in place, there is a guide pin and hole on teh shaft for alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back