Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 750 Imaging Unit Error 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwilco2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2004
US
Help,

I got a phaser 750DP. It was shipped to me with the imaging unit and toners inside of it. It was heavily toner bombed. I cleaned up the inside and I when I turned it on I heard a clicking sound like a switch was trying to turn on. Then I got the error 30 code. It said to first reset the imaging unit which I did and still nothing, then I replaced it with a known working unit that I had from a 750N. Still same error. What is the problem? Can it be fixed? Help.

There is a main drive gear that rotates the imaging unit belt. There is a good chance the toner may have caused the gear to bind and/or it may be stripped. this will caused the error 30, which is a failure of the home position sensor to see the opc belt of the imaging unit move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back