Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 750 Image Quality Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwilco2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2004
US
Ok,

I fixed the error 30 now I get fuzzy images on my pictures as well as vertical streaks that run along the paper path. Could this be cause by an overexposed imaging unit from a lighted room? (I took out and reset the imaging unit several times and left it out to clean the sensor.) Did I damage the unit by exposing it to light? Also how long can this printer last? The one I bought has 135k pages on it. Is this too much usage?
Also, which Phaser prints out better photos, phaser 740P, 750P, or 1235?

Adrian

Hi All, i also did a similar thing to my imaging unit, my lack of knowledge can sometimes be dangerous.... Pulled it out for cleaning, not realising that the Imaging unit is supposedly light sensitive.... Cleaned it well but first few pages practically blank plus i have a couple of slight "dents" in the roll of film caused by stray pieces of old toner etc. that transfer a small amount of toner every print, like a trademark now.. heehehee... Anyway, after i ran a few more pages it got better & better, to the point that the test page looks pretty good.. Alas, its not perfect the way i want it, shows wipe marks like you wiped the print with a cloth or something.. My question is - "Is the Imaging Unit stuffed???"

Thanks for any replies or tech info....
ps.. I can pretty much answer any Bubble Jet q's you may have, they are my specialty along with dot-matrix printers...

Typically the imaging units can be exposed for short periods without degrading the OPC(green) belt, but avoid exposure to direct sunlight at any time. It is also never a good idea to touch the OPC belt directly with fingers as this will leave a finger print from the oils in your hands that will show up on every page. The units will sometimes regenerate themselves after printing 100-200 pages, if not then usually replacing it is the only option. The life expectancy of these units is 60k images, this is based on 5% fill and also taking into account that each color page uses 4 images, one pass for each color, which equates to 15k color pages. This may also vary based on the type of printing being done. As far as number of pages these printers are good for will depend on how its taken care of, I have seen these printers with well over 300k page counts. In regard to best print quality of the 3 mentioned above, the 1235 was marketed to graphics users but the 750 compares well to it, the 740 slightly less. The installed feature set will also play a part in print quality comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back