Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHASER 750 image defect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axxuss

Vendor
Jul 11, 2003
US
this one is driving me nuts :( it came in with image problems found nice tear and buildup of toner on fuser orderd replaced seemed fine customer calls says toner is flaking off of prints( i Know set the corect paper type) wich i explained to customer they did that. still flakes so xerox sent a replacement fuser same problem only seems to be in dark areas first few prints seem ok...after about 5-10 pages starts to flake off this is a high graphic page the demo built into it that im using to test it any suggestions on where to look next would be very helpful thanks in advance everyone

Do they do a lot of 2 sided copying? I found a similar problem after a large run of 2 sided printing some of the printing from one side apparently got hot enough and began to come off inside on the drum.
My solution was to run about 50 - 100 pages through it to clean it as little pieces would come off on each sheet.

Moisture may be the problem. To test this print your test page then put it in the tray and print on the other side of the page, if it is moisture the 2nd side should have no toner lifting as the fuser will dry the paper the first time through. The fix for this is to dry the paper before use. If you still have lifting I would be looking at the fuser nip settings or a better stock of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back