Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 740 error 32 and yellow toner on imaging unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyt22

Technical User
Mar 31, 2012
GB
A working Phaser 740 was carried up 3 flights of stairs - to reduce the weight, the imaging unit, fuser and toner cartridges were removed and carried up separately. On power one, the printer now reports an imaging unit fault with error 32. On taking the imaging unit out, a yellow image of the printer's demonstration page can be seen smeared over half of the imaging unit's sensitive surface with loose yellow toner. I've blown off the toner and cleaned the sensor at the rear of the printer but the error persists.

I think the imaging unit is defective anyway as there are streaks and the odd dent on the sensitive surface but does the apparent toner leakage mena there could be another fault? I don't want to buy a new imaging unit if there's a lot wrong with the printer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back