Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 7300 grinding noise - second imaging unit in 2 month

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssheikh

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2008
US
I started getting grinding noise from the first cyan imaging unit a couple of months ago. Bought a new one and replaced it. Noise went away. Two months later (and less than 100 prints later) its back. So I took all the assemblies out. Cleaned everything out. Cleaned the contacts. Put everything back in. And now I have two imaging units grinding. Cyan and Magenta.

I still had the old one lying around so I opened it. What a horrible design!!! There are like 6 ~ 7 nylon gears on one side and a conveyer belt like design also connected by 3 more gears on the other side to move access tonor back into the toner cartridge. All of this assembly has so much friction that I can't see how it can last very long.

So my question is how many people have these imaging units go bad on them specially with grinding noise coming from inside the imaging unit?

Trying to figure out if its time to dump this white elephant. Its running cost is starting to go in thousands per year and we probably get maybe less than a few hundred prints from it in one month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back