Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 6200 printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakpgu

Technical User
Aug 9, 2005
US
Hello:
--Appreciate some advice on troubleshooting a printing defect with a Phaser 6200. A streak running the length of the paper appears exactly 5 cm from the margin on every page. It doesn't matter whether it's color, BW, single- or double-sided.
--I installed all new ink cartridges, ran the printer dignostics and cleaned the inside as best I could.
--The fuser, imagaing unit and transfer roller have all been replaced since January. The printer gets heavy use two or three times a year; otherwise, it's pretty much idle.
--My speciality is MS networking, so I'd be greatful for any tips before telling the boss it needs an expensive service call.
Regards,
Patrick

Is the streak a particular color? Check the transfer roller to see if you see the streak on it that matches what you see on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back