Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 360 Cannot print Blue printheads turn onoff randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwilco2

Technical User
Apr 24, 2004
US
Help,

My phaser 360 cannot print blue at all, all other printhead are fine. WheneverI do a cleaning cycle, the blue printheads turn on and off randomly. All are off except for two or three. When cleaned those would turn off and others would turn on. It seems that the printhead can print but does not want to. Since this seems like a electrical problem not a physical problem, can I fix this myself. Any suggestions? I am running out of ink.

Adrian Torres

If you are missing nearly the entire bank of cyan it sounds as if it is a 3rd party ink failure. The printheads are prone to fail in the manner you mention when a 3rd party or non tektronix ink is used such as Media Science. If this is the case then do not waste your time or ink running cleaning cycles, they wont help, the printhead needs to be replaced. If you know the ink manufacturer alot of times they will cover the costs of replacing the head provided you can show them the failure. This is especially true with Media Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back