Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHEaster

MIS
May 3, 2004
US
I am still battling with this Phaser 350. It did print nicely when I first received it. Now however it will not powerup. Doesn't do much at all. Turns on, display shows ONLY dimly backlit display, NO message. This was happening BEFORE I opened it for first time so I don't think anything got loosened up etc. ANY suggestions? I don't have extra printers laying around. This is ONLY Phaser I have, no spare parts. No detailed drawers or manual.

HELP!

Try the basics, start by ensureing the motherboard and all the daughtercards are installed properly. Disconnect *everything* except the power cable from the printer to rule out any bad or blown ports.

Finally unplug the unit and remove the motherboard for a number of hours (even up to 1-2 days). This should hopefully clear any settings you had stored in the unit.

Perhaps you can also go through xerox's website. They have quite a few great exercises for fixing issues like this.

=====================
Insider
4 year 'on the fly' programmer
C++ Basic Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back