Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1rage5

MIS
Jun 16, 2003
US
When the unit first prints the line strip and test page only a few lines show up here and there, I run the cleaning cycle and would expect the maint tray to have a lot of waste but it doesn't.

What would cause this?

I am guessing, but perhaps the cap/wipe/purge rubber gasket has come off from the steel part of the assembly.
Take out the maintenance tray and look inside the printer where it was. A flashlight of similiar light may help-
See the pinkish rubber strip with the drip points on it so the purged ink can dribble into the waste tray? Be careful if you reach in and touch it, even if the cwp is new, the gasket can be torn loose from the steel quite easily.
That rubber should be firmly attached to the metal part it hangs from, all the way around that metal part, but I think the first place to break loose is the bottom part that you can see in the maint tray area. If that seal is broken, the vacuum system can't suck ink through the head on the clean cycle, and there won't be much waste ink dropped either.

Getthatpart.com usually has the cwp if that is what the problem turns out to be. I have a printer that was taken out of service with a broken cwp seal, and it sat around in storage for so long that now the head won't unclog.

I have similar problem with 350. In my investigations I've got so far:
- the machine does not met ink at all even though trays are full. Nothing goes to reservoirs.
- found out someone has tilted this machine on side when hot (frosen red wax on inside panel)

Now I have 2 guesses:
1) Because there are no error messages at all, reservoir sensors got dirty and they think, reservoirs are full
2) ink stix have stuck/glued to tray ends and do not face melting plates (next I try to crap everything out and clean places).

Any hints still appreciated.

BR,
Ari

remove the ink loader, below this you find the printhead, check on the printhead thad the 8 pin cable in the middel of the head is connected. This cable commands the ink loaders.
Dany

The inital problem may also be caused by a plug of solidified Ink stuck in the vaccum tubes (a problem that was rectified on the 800 series by pulsing the vaccum).

Regarding the spillage of hot ink the other machine - do consider what effect 120 to 150 degreeC molten ink is likely to have on any PCB. Also molten anything will get inside sensor housings etc. and give false readings as you rightly say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back