Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 350 fault 15,004.45 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

billr1

Programmer
Dec 14, 2002
US
I have a Phaser 350 that recently starting showing a fault code of 15,004.45:21481 on powerup. It makes it most of the way thru the warmup cycle when the error appears.

I checked the Xerox knowledge base and went thru the steps listed. There was a piece of paper stuck under the thermal sensor, which I removed, then ran a piece of paper between the sensor and drum as described. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. Neither did any of the other suggestions.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to check/replace, or is this printer now a large boat anchor?

-Bill Randle
billr@neocat.org

the drum heater is not heating at all or not heating fast enough, check for an open connection or open thermister in power supply.

Lyle

I'm replying to my own query for the archives. Thanks to everyone for suggestions, especially TMart. The actual cause of the error message turned out to be an open thermal fuse in the drum heater assembly.

I removed the drum heater, took it apart and replaced the thermal fuse for $1.99 + postage. (FWIW, you can't get the orginal part, but the equivalent NTE part #NTE8108 is readily available.)

I finally got the printer re-assembled, but something else broke/died in the meantime, as now the CPU board appears to be Fubar. Any help on this would be appreciated. The symptoms are:
* DC power supply is Ok - all voltages are correct and
rear fan comes on;
* left status LED (29k processor) flashes a few times,
pauses briefly, flashes a few more times then goes out
and stays out;
* right status LED (68k processor) flashes briefly then
goes out and stays out;
* front panel Power and Error LEDs come on after POST and
stay on;
* first line of LCD display displays filled boxes, second
and third lines are blank.

I was careful in re-assembly of the printer and believe I
got everything hooked back up correctly. (The mostly make
it foolproof by using keyed connectors of different sizes.)

-Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back