Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phaser 340 - print head fault? but prints different jet lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwolf

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
AU

I've got a Phaser 340, had a broken LCD screen but I have temporarily repaired that to run and test it.

When doing the Clean:Light Stripes, Clean or Test, it is
curious in that it will print Cyan or sometimes Magenta
lines (no Yellow or Black yet), but only a couple across the entire page, but they move in location!

Since the few working jet/head lines move in location
between prints I am wondering if the fault is the print
head, or a bad connection for example with the drive electronics. (or something else?)

So one print will have only #5 and 7 on Cyan for example,
and then another test print will have #33 in Cyan instead.
Magenta occasionally comes up.

Removing the solid ink trays temporarily shows full,
liquid melted ink present in all the ink reservoirs below
the ink tray melter tips.

Any tips on how this works, cleaning, removing or testing
the print head or fault would be ***greatly*** appreciated.

thanks very much,

Marc

You msut first check the Cap/Wipe/Purge assembly to make sure it is working properly. This is the unit that rises between the drum and printhead when you first start the printer up.
If the rubber seal is broken on this unit you will simply load the head up with ink and jam all the jets.
If the seal is working, the vacuum system may be plugged, the vacuum pump inoperable, the vacuum release solenoid is not working or a leak exists somewhere in the assembly.
I believe this unit is at the root of your problem. This is not really a DYI repair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back