Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom Ringing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
A customer has a Mics/5.0 & a 2 Port Nam, as well as 7 ASM's with message waiting. It seems that at night there is ringing on the anolog exts and nobody is there. This place is resort so you can see that at night ringing might be a problem. They don't have a night service mode, they only change their night greeting. I have checked every known programming possible and can't find the problem. It seems to be random. Checked all wakeup call programming for sets that complained and it looks OK. Could be internal ie: miss dials, checking vmail etc by patrons. The complains have all said that the rings are double rings/ intercom. Owner getting ticked.

Any ideas would be greatful

Thanks
RA

Have call accounting on system, using Genesis. Different rooms are calling in and sying that at 3am or 1am they are getting calls and no one is there. Seems like wakeup calls. There has been some out going calls close to those times but nothing tolink the the rooms???

Frustrated

RA
Teleman

I believe today they made a change that well show calls going to rooms at all times, even if no answer. What I am going to do tomorrow is put a couple digital sets in the rooms that are complaining, that way they can see who or what is calling, I hope! I might even reboot the system just to see if some how the system picked up a glitz.

RA
Teleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back