Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phantom question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagz

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
Hi-

I have a user who changed extensions, but wants to keep his other extension ringing to his phone. What's the way to get both extension to go to one mailbox? I thought I could create a phantom with a dcfw to his new extension, but that doesn't ever hit the next extensions mailbox. I had hunt and dcfw both set to his new number. Can I do it somehow by adding his number as an scr on his phone?

Thanks.

Try building an acd queue (ld 23) with his old number.
new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw to his new mailbox,
enter through rest of prompts.
That should take care of it.

make sure SFA is on the newset and the old number is alt. extension for new number

if you want both numbers to ring on a phone

ld 11
chg
4 0 0 0
echg yep
key 4 scr 1234

that would turn key 4 into the ringing number 1234..
prt the set 1st, you might just want to chg key 0

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the maxp 1 acd is if the user wants the number to never ring, just go to mail, sfa is used if the number is forwarded to a set, and you want that to sfa to his old mb..

my choice would be to add the number to the set, or replace the number AND put both numbers on one mb, since it's easy to check one mb and light one light

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Or he could ncfw to the new extension, I think I meant that instead of mb. Good point on the sfa John. I guess I have worked in far too many call centers, I acd queue the crap out things, hehe..

i must be missing some small piece here... I set the physical phone to have sfa, i also added that to the phantom, as well as:

hunt 5107

ftr cfw 4
ftr fdn 5107
ftr dcfw 5107

(5107 is the physical set)

I figured the fdn would forward to 5107 then hit vmail if the dcfw didn't pick up, i know that would work is it was fdn 7000 (our vmail ext). I guess bottomline is i don't see how to get two number to go to one mailbox, regardless or whether its an scr on the set or a phantom fwding to the set...

can someone shed some light??

thanks...

Why don't you make both ext. appear on the set example

key 2 old ext xxx
key 1 new ext soft number xxxx
key 0 new ext xxxx

Then create mailbox of the new ext and under that add the old number (mailbox DN in CP) I forget what it's called in MMail so it dumps the vmail to it.

good luck

It's only dialtone-VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back