Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom internal calls to operator console

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hi, we have a hotel with a Option 81c with Duvoice voicemail. The duvoice just connects to the pbx via digital ports and then crossed into the duvoice server. Anyway, we are getting multiple calls a day, sometimes all 3 consoles at once, of dead air and the calls are coming from the voicemail digital ports. These calls are not hitting voicemail according to the reports. So it is only pbx related. When I trace the consoles I see the calls and they have nothing dialed and term is none but yet its ringing the 2250 consoles. Any ideas where to check? The voicemail ports programming has been in place since 2016. thanks

We had a similar issue with an analog card physically burning out calling our consoles on a CS1K. It'd verify that the digital card is fine in the cabinet, could also need replacing.

Thanks, these are apread out on two cards. I will reseat them for now though and see.

problem fixed..MPO Data needs to always be dis dis, we had dis atn, so call transfers that failed through the vm channels default to the operator, Now calls will simply disconnect as they should

oof, yeah, ran into that on my home system here. Of course there I had no attendant console, not even a NITE DN.

Calls would disappear if I fat fingered a transfer and did the wrong thing, often sticking the phone line off hook.

It's now one of the things on my mental to-do list when helping somebody configure a system from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back