Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom forwarding 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
I have a mini-carrier remote setup to one of my remote sites connecting via T1 to my CS1000 4.5 About a year ago we installed all new M3904 phones at this location. Within the last two months, users are complaining that their phones are automatically forwarding to specific extension without call forwarding being set. I have reset all cards, and units to no avail. My gut tells me it's user error, but I can't catch it. Has anyone seen this type of activity?

Is there TN on any phone as a BFS key

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Check for BFS keys. If a user's TN is programmed as a BFS key on another set, then the monitoring set can forward the monitored set by simply pushing the BFS button. The user at the monitored set then can't take calls until the monitoring set releases the forward.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

In the FTR_DATA on my release 5 CS1000 there is a setting BFS_CFW which when set to no takes the forward feature away from the BFS keys. I don't know if it's there on 4.5 but might be worth a look to thwart the phantom forwarders.

guycable2 _ What a great post! Had several employees each pointing their finger at the other. Your solution will stop that. There is indeed the feature in version 4.5.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back