Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phantom extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHiTek

Vendor
Feb 2, 2003
US
I had 4 digital ports that I wanted to set up as phantoms so user's DID calls would still get VM notifying callers they changed office locations to another city. I initialized ports and then unplugged phones. Then i called from outside line to test and calls went to that ext's VM box on first couple of test calls but after 4th call it would RNA. Then i call from internal ext and get not in service. How come ports won't stay active unless phone is plugged in? Set relocate was OFF. Is it a software version issue?

If there will be no phone associated with the mailbox simply assign no extension to each mailbox you set up. When setting up each mailbox just press the * key at the prompt for an extension.

Brian Cox

The system checks for live phones on the ports if it don't see one then the port is disabled. I don't think you can change that but if you are running 4.0 (I think) you can build a mailbox for a Hunt Group and assign the DID to the Hunt Group. It should go to that mailbox.

You're just trying to build phantom mailboxes with DID's?
Well 1st, you need to have the DID built as a Target Line with the voicemail ext set up as the Prime Set. Then remove the target line from the ext. Build your mailbox the same way you normally would and you should be good to go. By the way, what version of software are you running on your Norstar and what voicemail, too? I do believe this will make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back