Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phantom Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2009

Technical User
Apr 15, 2009
US
My office uses an Avaya IP Office Manager version 6.1. Occasionally, we'll notice the Front Desk's phone will ring but no one will be on the other line.

When this started happening I started checking the Call Status program to trace the calls. I noticed that the calls were not tracable, it looked like phone was ringing on its own with no source number. I even made sure the calls were not from Hunt Groups that the front desk's extension is connnected with.

I'm not sure what to check next.

If you look on the phone display itself it should tell you where the call is coming from (this requires someone be at the desk when the phantom ring happens).

Thanks, but the phone display does not show a number or gives any information on where the source of the call is cominig from.

I also tried to reboot the IP offfice server, that did not work.

What type of phone is it? I have seen this when expansion modules were not upgraded properly.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Good point this phone does have an expansion module, the type of phone is an Avaya 5420.

Ofcourse not!!!!
The ipo has expansion modules :)
does your ipo have one ?
Is it upgraded to 3.2.999 before it went to 4.1???

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

It was intially installed with 4.1. We were using a Merlin Magic system before, and only recently installed the IP Office system in our office.

You need to step the Dig exp modules through 3.2.999, by changing the working directory to the 3.2.999 folder inside the manager folder and upgrading then put the working directory back to the Manager folder and upgrade back to standard :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

The modules come with a lower version.
When they need to be at 4.0 or hjgher then they need one extra step and that step is 3.2.999
if you do not do that you will have very strange issues.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

A yard full of tards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back