Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PGP Fails After Upgrading to Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZB

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
US
We were previously using Exchange 5.5 and the Outlook XP client. We have PGP 8 installed on 20 desktops. I used PGP Admin to install them. Recently, we started migrating to Exchange 2000. But as soon as my mailbox was moved to Exchange 2000, PGP for mail stopped functioning. Basically, when I try to send an encrypted message, it prompts for my message, tries to encrypt, and then the message just sits there. No error. It just sits there. Plus, I find a copy of the message in the Outbox, but with no body text. (PGPDisk still works fine -- this is definitely an e-mail related issue).

It would appear that PGP stopped in the middle of the encryption process and never tried to send the mail.

My users who are still on the 5.5 server are working fine. I tried removing PGP and reinstalling from scratch, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Brett

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, I am having the same problem in going from 5.5 to exch 2003. I would really appreciate a heads up if you get a solution.

I rebooted the 5.5 server and this fixed the problem. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back