Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PFN_List_Corrupt memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapMac

Technical User
Oct 5, 2009
US
Installed new memory using wrist strap. Runs ok until get error 'PFN_List_Corrupt', reboot or 'check new hardware or software... disable BIOS memory options'(no caching or shadowing used) and 'Technical info STOP Ox0000004E,(Ox0000008F, Ox0001908, Ox00000000), beginning dump of memory. Memory dump complete'. Memory checked using software memory checker and aok.
Using XP Pro and want to try Windows 7 beta. System runs fine using old memory. If no one has run across a PFN List error, I could attach the fault log. Thanks in advance.

Check your PageFile on Drive C:, it should at least be around 2MB or greater...

check your HDD as well, read somewhere where a dying HDD was the cause of that error...

PLZ paste the minidump, so that we are able to discern the culprit...

see these links for additional info:

Bugchecks Explained: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

additional info may be helpful, e.g. post mainboard, ram type and manufacturer, etc... all that would be helpful...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Thanks BigBadBen and Freestone,

I'm can't find the minidump. Don't find anything in Event Viewer that refers to my error. Reading seems to indicate a driver issue so I'll install the new ram and a) try it with 7's beta and b) see if I get the error again using XP & check Event Viewer (I'm using removable trays for multiple OS's). My page file is set to 720 MB. For what it's worth, this is a 1.3 Duron on a Matsonic MS8157E, with a Western
Digital 20 GB WDC WD200EB-00BHF0 (FAT32), the ram giving problems is Corsair DDR 400 (PC 3200) 1 GB stick ( I know, blew a power supply w/took the mobo but this'll tide me over).

And Freestone - I used memtest.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back