Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PestPatrol Quarantine Folder - Safe to Remove? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyhand

Programmer
Jul 3, 2002
US
Hey all,

I'd like to know if it's safe to remove a folder named "Quarantine" that's found under PestPatrol in my Program File folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\PestPatrol\Quarantine)

Here's the thing... every time I scan my PC with Avast Antivirus v 4.8, Avast keeps saying it can't scan the files in there as they are password protected. The files in question are 2 zipped files, that have a bunch of other zipped files in them.

It seems this folder came with a Spyware removal tool named PestPatrol (ppclean.exe) but I'm not sure. Heck, I don't even use it and can't even remember when and how I got it.

Anyway, is it safe delete the complete folder "pest patrol" or at least "quarantine"?

Thanks! Peace!

- Tyhand

If PestPatrol is no longer on your computer, you can delete it. If PestPatrol is on your computer, use it to delete all the files in its quarantine folder.

PestPatrol was one of the top dogs in anti-spyware but was bought out by one of the "big guys" and folded into their AV product. I don't even know if they still sell it as a separate product any more.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Thanks James!

Number 1229 sounds good for the Pick-4 lotto. [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back