Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEStartPrintJob : Error detected by database DLL.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US

I get this error frequently. I'm using Info 7.0.2.0, it's running as a service on NT4. The database is btrieve/pervasive:

PEStartPrintJob : Error detected by database DLL.

All the reports are being sent to email (MAPI)

Sometimes the reports run fine if I refresh them in designer, but not always. The same report will run fine one day and then fail the next, always with this same error.

We are going to upgrade to Enterprise, but after reading some of the posts here, it looks like a may be stuck with Info a little longer than I thought.

Any ideas as to what is causing this error?

Thank you
VE

Nice generic message, huh? A slightly better error message would be "The parameter value passed to the database is either unrecognizable or is in an unexpected format".

In my experience, this error message occurs with parameters. Perhaps the parameter being passed was in an incorrect format? This is the standard message, for example, when one of my users schedules a report with an incorrect date parameter (ex: not "date(yyyy, mm, dd)" format. I hope this helps...

Thank you. This is interesting. The database I'm using stores dates as numbers, all of the date fields I use for parameters are actually formulas:

pwformatdate({table.field})

All of my date parameters are {@date}=today or
{@date}in monthtodate

I can't remember the last time a report without a date parameter failed... So this could be it. I'm not sure what to do with this though. Changing the date format sounds confusing. Any ideas?

Thank you
VE

VE: There is a UDF available to convert Btrieve/Pervasive numbers to dates and vice versa. Drop me a line if you need it. I agree with rhinko that this could be the problem. David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back