Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pervasive.SQL v10 with Pastel Partner 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeisaT

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
LS
I am faced with a difficult situation whereby my Client has just decided to migrate from Pastel to Accpac v5.5A. I have upgraded their existing Pervasive.SQL WGE 8.6 to Pervasive.SQL Server v10 only to find that their Pastel wouldn't run - Error Code 20.

Pastel are not very co-operative on this issue for obvious reasons. The little they say is that their product is not meant to run on Pervasive.SQL v10 but can only run on v9.6.

They need their Pastel for another three to four months in order to wrap up things and then migrate.

Is there perhaps a way of making Pastel run on PVSW v10?

A few questions about Pastel:
- Is it DOS?
- Is it Win16?
- What happens if you run Function Executor, open a data file, then try Pastel?

A status 20 is not a common error in v8, v9, or v10. Usually, it means that old components are being found.
Search for old Btrieve DLLs and rename them to see if it helps.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Pastel is a Windows app. Pastel has in the past installed Pervasive components in the Pastel application folder, so search for Pervasive components using the Pervasive System Analyser and remove any Pervasive files that are found in the Pastel folder. Also set the Pervasive file version to 9.x, this should get around the version problem.

Thanks, Ettienne. I had actually tried to use a Pervasive CleanUp Utility over and above using PSA to search and delete old files before installing PVSW v10 Client components on the Workstations.

We have reached an agreement with the client to run Pastel on an isolated workstation until they have wrapped up. Trying to fix it proves to be costly to the client as their Pastel support person is a newbie and doesn't really know much about the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back