Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PERVASIVE.SQL COMMANDO SYNTAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigiClippy

Programmer
Apr 17, 2009
MX
Hi
I'm MAX user and
I try to do a query for update any records of the Part Master table, just need to update the field MATL_01 (with a new cost for new exchange rate) but just the records with the condition that this part has a currency in USD
This information included in the table Part Vendor and Vendor Master
The Query is:
UPDATE "Part Master"
SET MATL_01=ROUND((ROUND((COST_01/14.5284),4)*14.7032),5)
FROM ("Part Vendor" "PV" INNER JOIN "Part Master" "PM" ON "PV"."PRTNUM_07"="PM"."PRTNUM_01") INNER JOIN "Vendor Master" "VM" ON "PV"."VENID_07"="VM"."VENID_08"
WHERE "PM"."TYPE_01"='B' AND "VM"."CURR_08"='USD'

The error is:
Syntax Error: UPDATE "Part Master"
FROM<< ??? >> ("Part Vendor" "PV" INNER JOIN "Part Master" "PM" ON "PV"."PRTNUM_07"="PM"."PRTNUM_01") INNER JOIN "Vendor Maste

I'm use the Pervasive.SQL datamanager
Anybody helps me for fix this query?
Thanks in advanced for your recommendation
Regards

It might not like the inner join - I recently had trouble with V8 doing an update with a join. Try converting your INNER JOIN to a WHERE clause. Something like:

UPDATE "Part Master"
WHERE ("Part Vendor"."PRTNUM_07"="Part Master"."PRTNUM_01") AND "Part Vendor"."VENID_07"="Vendor Master"."VENID_08" AND
"Part Master"."TYPE_01"='B' AND "Vendor Master"."CURR_08"='USD'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back