Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pervasive Connection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

csukrity

Programmer
Jan 29, 2008
US
We are connecting to a Pervasive 2000i DB from a .Net application on a machine having the client installed. After the application runs for some time, it starts throwing up the following error. After that the application sometimes starts working automatically after a few requests and in some other cases the application needs to be restarted.

Type : System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException
Message : ERROR [08S01] [Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][Client LNA]Connection attempt timed out. The SQL Connection Manager may be inactive or using a different transport protocol from the client.
ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

Is there anything in the PVSW.LOG on the client or server?
It sounds like there might be a network configuration error that prevents the client from connecting and communicating with the server.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

This problem happens not only from the client. We have applications running on the machine where the server is installed and they also throw up this error. I checked the PVSW.log for the server and there was no entry corresponding to the time when the server application was logging these errors.

If you're getting the error at the server as well as the client, it could be a firewall issue. Make sure that ports 3351 and 1583 are open on the client and server.
Also, are there any entries in the PVSW.LOG? There may be entries from earlier that cause the problem later rather than immediately.

Off topic, you might consider upgrading to PSQL v9 or, ideally, v10. PSQL 2000i is fairly old and there have been 2 or 3 major releases. I don't know if it would solve this problem but would get you a product that is actually tested when connecting from .NET.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back