Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pervasive and linux and 2 processors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdesign

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
PL
hello,

the problem is that I have linux machine with 2 processor support. Is pervasive able to use it power?
thank you
J.

Pervasive will run on an SMP machine but will not take advantage of the extra processors.

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Where do you know it from? Have you any link to the documentation of Pervasive? Have you testet it? What is the source of this information?

This information came to me through years of experience with Btrieve/Pervasive.SQL. It is documented in the "Advanced Operations Guide" manual ( in Chapter 3 ("Changing your Configuration") under "Tuning Performance". It says "Pervasive.SQL fully supports symmetric multi-processing (SMP)
and multiple processors because it is fully multi-threaded and thread safe. However, Pervasive.SQL does not take direct advantage of any SMP-specific API calls." I found this on a search of the Pervasive Knowledge Base on the keyword "SMP".

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back