Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personalized phonebook dialog 4422

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex2013

Technical User
May 10, 2013
ES
Hi all,

I configured all telephones for stored phonebook in ftp server and works fine, But i need what users can modify themselves without telling the admin password, is possible?

Another question, the software server split the lan by subnet(192.168.1.0-24) but is possible do by Mac adress?

Thank you mates!

The book management and thus access to reading and editing the address book is configured on the FTP server.
What FTP server are you using?
Have you tried to set up a user "anonymous" enabling him to read and write?

For the server software, you mean to discriminate the config.txt file under the MAC Address of the phones?

\Satellite1900

Hi Satellite1900,

The ftp server what i use is IIS.

Yes, i would like discriminate the config.txt file under the MAC Address of the phones, is possible?

hi,
I think you have the models 4425 and 4422
models 4425 and 4422 make 3 types of requests:
GET / domain.example/dbc42x02/d42x02-config.cfg (example domain)
GET / 192.168.0.0-24/dbc42x02/d42x02-config.cfg (example network used)
GET / dbc42x02/d42x02-config.cfg
Other new models perform other types of requests such as the MAC Address[thumbsup2]

I did a test in laboratory for the Personal Phone Book of phones to FTP server:
On models 4425/01 and 4425/02:
I created on the FTP server only two USER (Ericsson and Telephone) with their password. The phones correctly write its own phonebook on the server without any kind of authentication[ponder]

\Satellite1900

Hi,

Yes, i use second example GET / 192.168.0.0-24/dbc42x02/d42x02-config.cfg.

If the phones correctly write its own phonebook on the server without any kind of authentication is because the ftp server has enabled guest access, look at the log's.

Responding to myself, is possible personalize the phonebook:

In the config file exists the tab [WebServer] with:
webInterfaceForUser=ENABLED_WITH_DEFAULT_PWD ;ENABLED, ENABLED_WITH_DEFAULT_PWD or DISABLED, ENABLED as Default

If you put ENABLED_WITH_DEFAULT_PWD users may access with pass "welcome" and create, modify and remove contacts.
If you put ENABLED user must write the pin o password associated with the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back