Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personalisation of screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherinep

Programmer
Sep 18, 2003
AU
Hi,

Can anyone help me? I am going to create a screensaver using flash. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to allow the user, before downloading the screensaver, to personalise it with their name or a photo. Someone mentioned using Flash MX shared object. But would this work after it has been created as a screensaver?

Thanks

Katherine

Yes.
On the site, they could set their message as a shared object, and then the screensaver could read the "cookie" and put it in a dynamic text field. The only one problem that may arouse is that the domain for your site and the local screensaver are different, so you wouldn't be reading the right shared object. More info at for shared objects.

Hope This Helps!

"Apache Server is Apache server on Linux. Apache server is 'A Patchy' Server on Windows."

Flash101 :)
- Flash Resource Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back