Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Speed Dial for Remote Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

cztech

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
US
Hello - Trying to setup Remote Call Forwarding for users via Manager - Basic programming mode for a Partner IPO version. I see the area to tick on RCF for each user. But how do I specify where the extension will forward to? Another thread mentions forwarding the extension to a personal speed dial number (80 in the example). All I can find in programming are the System speed dials - #600 and up. If I try to set the extension to forward to 600, for example, I receive an error message that this is not a valid extension to forward to. Nonetheless, I do not see an area in programming to set personal speed dials. Any ideas?

cztech /

Program speed dial 80 and then forward to 80:

To edit personal speed dials (1408/1416 Phone)
1.At the extension, press Admin.
2.Use the up or down arrow buttons to scroll the display to Telephone Programming. When displayed, press
Select.
3.Use the up or down arrow buttons to scroll the display to Personal Speed Dial. When displayed, press
Select.
4.At the Code: prompt enter between 80 and 99 to select the speed dial entry that you want to edit.
5.The current setting of the speed dial entry is displayed.
6.Enter the external number and press Enter. The number can be up to 28 characters in length. Press Clear to
remove any existing number. The following keys can be used to enter special dialing commands:

Yep:

1.At the phone press Feature 00.
2.Program Extension: is shown on the display.
3.Press Feature and the speed dial number to be programmed which must be between 80 and 99.
4.The current setting of the speed dial entry is displayed.
5.Enter the external number. The number can be up to 28 characters in length.
6.To remove the existing number press MIC/HFAI.
· Exit programming by pressing Feature 00. You can also exit programming mode by lifting the handset, then place
it back in the cradle.
To edit personal speed dials

Telcom boy, can the 1400 sets be used in the empty port of the extension number we want to forward and then be unplugged? In other words, I need to forward an empty port as an after hours emergency transfer to an answering service. For example, press 9 to transfer to ext. 23 which is RCF'd to an outside number.

It seems to me the only way to bite into F80 is to plug a phone into that port, but will it stay forwarded:

1. with no phone plugged in?

2. After a power failure (this was an issue on the old ACS).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back