Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Group Suddenly Empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooze

MIS
Oct 8, 2001
US
Have a user who had set up a personal group in his Groupwise address book. It worked fine for over a year, but now when you go to view the information of that group it only contains one member, where before it contained 15. Why did all the members disappear?

Maybe they accidentally closed their personal address book. We had a couple of people here who hated the Frequently Used one so when they went to close it, they accidentally closed their personal one.

On a website I saw, someone wrote they reinstalled wms.exe and then reinstalled GroupWise and then went into the blank address book. Then go to File and Services and click Add and simply add Novell GW Address Book and Personal Address Book. Close out and open GW again in order to see it.

I read someone else had the same problem after installing Office 2000. After removing Office 2000 and a new install without Outlook 2000, no more problems.

Hope that might help.

We occasionally have a few users with the same problem...Everytime we have ha to re-install wms.exe from a win95 cd....We have had to kill the Groupwise client and then run the Groupwise cleaning agent..to remove all the reg entries...(it is available from Novell on GroupWise Cool Solutions.....Re-install GW and it works...just as a safety precaution we usually then export the user addressbook to their home directory on the server. I hope this at least gives you a bit of help.

Thanks for everyone's response. Turns out this user's secretary had accidently deleted all users in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back