Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedudeSr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2011
US
I am new to Nortel Contact Center, I have a question concerning Personal calls to agents. Can the system be set-up so that a agent can receive and inbound call to a DID while the agent is in logged into a queue. I have heard different options.

Yes, a DID number can ring to a key on the phone while the agent is logged in and on a queue call.

The other way around is not possible. If an agent is on a DID call they will not get a queue call. If they know there is a queue call waiting (phone display for ACD or display on PC for Contact Center) then they can put the DID call on hold, press the in-calls key and receive the queue call.

You can prevent that with the setting SDNB in the ACD setting (LD 23).
When 'YES' no SCR calls, when ACD-calls are being made

DID has nothing to do with that feature. In fact anytime en agent is on a DN on his set, no incomming ACD call will be routed to the set. The same thing, when you configure in LD 23 SDNB to YES, it can be any line, it doesn't have to be DID ( SCN, SCR, MCN,MCR.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back