Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Directory name match when receiving an incoming call Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeTech

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2005
US
Good Mornin All!

I have a user that insists that at one time she was able to save names & numbers in the Personal Directory on the I2004 phone and the callers name would appear with the phone number on her screen when that caller dialed in.

And there is no problem DIALIing the name from the personal directory....

Saving the name and number is working like this:
Mary 11212-xxx-xxxx.

We use 1 to get an outside line, 1 in front of the area code, then the number to make a call.

The preferred name match setting is "ON"....

The real issue is if Mary calls from 212-xxx-xxxx the number does not match the name it will just appear on the caller ID from the incoming call...

****Does anybody know the fix to see the stored name in the Personal Directory on the screen when that person calls from the outside??****

Please Help.

Thanks

ST~~~

i've seen that work with an adl were i changed the name to "darling wife".. when she calls i see that as opposed to the ss7 name entry.. she may have that type of entry with her personal directory..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes she has it stored as 1+1+212+xxx-xxxx so she can selct an dial it..

She insisted at another location with the same I2004, she was able to dial from the P/Directory and when the person called in.... the name would appear as it was stored.

ie: "Marys Cell" + the phone number.

I programmed my cell number in there minus the 1+1 and then dialed it..This works but thats way too much work to program 2 different names/numbers for one caller.

Any other ideas?

I appreciate your help.

ST~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back