Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal-CO trunk set set-up as an automatic ringdown 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
I have terminated a new analog auto-ring-down circuit into a personal CO trunk on a definity. This is for a financial desk to hotline to their broker. This line is to appear on several financial 64xx phones. Problem is when it is in use, it would be nice if another user can jump on this same line from another phone. Instead they get a fast busy. Does anyone know a way to have this accessed from any of its other line appearances (like a party line) while in use by another appearance?

Thanks!!

One dog one bone. Can you setup an auto-dial button to call the broker on a specfic number? That way all the phones have the same programmed number. With a CO trunk if it's in use the PBX isn't going to allow another caller to barge in.

Thanks,

I suppose I'm thinking like the old analog 1A2 days, when everyone just jumps in when they want. Your suggestion of the auto-dial is a good one, but I think I'll just tell them to wait their turn with the ringdown. If this doesn't work, perhaps I will need a trunk group of ringdowns to suffice all. Thaks for your help!!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back