Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Personal Call Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutphones

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
Just installed Personal Call Manager (BCM400 4.0) and the LAN CTE Client on a PC (XP PRO Version 2002 Service Pack 3). I cannot get the Personal Call Manager to work. Here is what I get, in terms of options, when choosing a TAPI line.

RAS PPPoE Line0000
RAS VPN Line 0
WAN Miniport (L2TP)
IPCONF LINE
H323 Line
LPT1T

The option with my Digital Set Extension is not showing up as an option. Does anyone know if I have to install some other software - perhaps some TAPI software in addition to the LAN CTE and Personal Call Manager Software? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you configure the Lan/cte through the element manager? I believe you need to point the client towards an extension

To use applications such as Personal Call Manager that are installed on your computer, you must associate the computer with a telephone connected to the BCM system. You do this by mapping the telephone extension number to a network identifier. You must assign an extension number to
the network identifier of each client computer. Assign extension numbers from the Client Privileges page in Element Manager. The BCM system uses this information to make sure the correct telephone is controlled by a particular LAN CTE client.

Note: During LAN CTE installation, you are asked to select the features you want to install. CTE is selected by default. You must select TSP if you are going to
use TAPI applications. You must be logged onto the client PC with an account that has administrator privileges for TSP to be installed correctly.

-SD-

Thanks for the advice. I checked the client priveledges page and noticed another PC which had been registered on the system. I could not get it unregistered from the BCM until it was powered down. Once it was, I was able to register the PC that we wanted to use the PCM on. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back