Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Persistent Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmINFO

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
I would like to know how I can use persistant cache.
Here is what I am planning on doing,
I am planning on creating a session that would referesh the cache and a following sessions use this cache.
First session would referesh the data form the database and all the following sessions just use this cache data (Persistant cache)
How can achive this?

In the lookup build mapping, use a dummy source (e.g. sys.dual) which selects some values to feed the lookup. So, for example, if your lookup has three parameters (char, integer + date), write a source qualifier such as:

select 'X', 1, sysdate
from dual

Pass these three to the lookup transformation. Pass the output to a filter which has a FALSE condition, so that nothing gets past it. Then have dual again as the target.

I would like to know if I am correct
all I did was
two sessions
one to build persistant cache
second to use the persistant cache

in my first session lookup, I enabled "lookup cache enabled", enabled "persistant cache" and gave a "cache file prefix name" as "tempcache"

in my second session lookup is disabled "look cache enabled" , disabled "Persistant cache" and gave "Cache file prefix name " as "tempcache"

Let me know if I am correct.

note: This is for two different sessions

No, I think you should keep "lookup cache enabled" in your second session. Otherwise, it will use a non-cached lookup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back